I’m very excited to share this recipe with you today, inspired by my friend Marco who told me if I was to make any Brazilian dish it should be Feijoada Vegana.
This is one of those recipes I know we will enjoy for the rest of our lives, it’s delicious and has my two favourite flavours in it Smoked Paprika and Garlic you can also make it all in one big pot!! Win win.
The main ingredients are vegan sausage, carrot, green beans, black beans and aubergine.
We served it with plain rice but traditionally this dish would be served with rice, sautéed collard greens or kale, orange slices and topped with toasted cassava flour (farofa).
If you like this recipe please share it & comment in the section below to let us know what you think. We love hearing from you!
Don’t forget to tag your photos on instagram #theartofveg
- 1 400g tin of cooked black beans
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 250g green beans
- 1 small aubergine, diced
- 6 vegetarian sausages
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2-heaped tbsp. smoked paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsps bouillon or other veg stock + 500ml boiling water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small green chilli
- Prep the veg and put the kettle on for the veg stock.
- Heat a glug of oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onions for 2-3mins.
- Add the garlic, 1min.
- Add the potatoes, beans, smoked paprika, thinly sliced green chilli with seeds and bay leaves, stir.
- Add the veg stock and simmer for 5mins.
- Add the aubergine, carrot, drained black beans; cook until the potato is tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Add more spice if needed.
Other stews and soups you’ll love on this blog: