It’s early evening, I’m pooped from work and I’ve got the munchies for a proper pudding. No nuts and raisins are going to do the job tonight…I need cheesecake and the easier to make the better!
As far as vegan cheesecakes go this is the simplest version I have come up with and probably my favourite one so far. I have tried vegan cheesecakes made with soaked nuts topped with chocolate and peanut butter, that kind of vibe but for fruity-citrus cheesecakes tofu is the best option for me. Tofu doesn’t really have a taste so the fruity flavour can really shine through.
The preparation for these guys takes all of 5 minutes, put the ingredients in a blender in two separate batches, biscuit base and cheesey filling, transfer to small pastry tins and bake, easy peasy!
The result is creamy, zesty & delicious plus you are also going to be getting a big fat dose of vitamin c so tomorrow you’ll wake up with a glowing complexion and a kick ass immune system. Well every little helps right!
Let’s do it.
- 200g digestive type biscuits (vegan) Nairn’s Organic Oatcakes
- ¼ cup vegan margarine/butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 pack of 349g (12oz) silken tofu
- juice of 5-6 limes
- zest of 1 lime
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5/190°C/375°F
- In a food processor blend the biscuits, sugar and butter until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased or lined 6” spring form sandwich tin spreading the mixture out evenly, press the mixture down with your fingers to get a nice even layer, bake for 12 minutes or until the biscuit is just beginning to look golden brown, take out to cool.
- In a food processor blend the silken tofu, coconut oil, vanilla paste, lime juice, lime zest and maple syrup and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the filling out over the biscuit base and pop it in the oven for 25-30 mins or until the top starts to turn golden brown.
- Leave out to completely cool and then refrigerate to chill.
Limes are a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals. They contain Potassium ( important for nerve function and healthy blood pressure ) and vitamin C ( which is great for the skin and immune system ).
Other Desserts on this blog: