Today we have a scrumptious banana chocolate tart mainly constructed from some seriously plump and super sweet medjool dates.
The dates give a sticky treacle like texture to the tart which makes it oh so luxurious! The filling is bulked up with ground almonds (rich in minerals and b vitamins), almond milk, peanut butter (protein) and coconut oil (essential fatty acids).
Last of all I added some cocoa powder and a touch of vanilla to turn this sweet sexy pud into a little chocolatey tart!
Serve it up with a scoop of ice cream, a cup of tea or both and its happy times!
BANANA CHOCOLATE TART
- 10 hobnob biscuits (or gluten free alternative)
- 1 tbsp vegan margarine
- 10 medjool dates, de-pitted
- 2 heaped tbsp coconut oil
- 1 heaped tbsp peanut butter
- 6 tbsp vegan milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup ground almond
- ½ tsp vanilla paste
- a pinch of ground sea salt
- Pre heat the oven to gas mark 5/190°C/375°F.
- Lightly grease a 8" spring form sandwich tin.
- In a food processor blend the base ingredients until well combined, spoon the mixture into the sandwich tin, level out and press down with your finger tips to create a firm base.
- Bake in the oven for approx 10mins or until pale golden brown.
- In a food processor mix all the topping ingredients together until well combined, smooth and creamy, you may need to scrape down the sides and repeat a few times.
- Carefully spoon the topping onto the biscuit base being careful not to rip the biscuit as you spread the topping out, use an icing spatula to create an even surface.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Serve with sliced banana pieces and ice cream
Other desserts from this blog: