You know how sometimes you rediscover food from your past that you really weren’t that fussed about way back when and then you try it again and suddenly you’re in love!
Well for me this week it’s all about the bean salad!
You know how you end up with half a bunch of coriander left over after making curry or stir-fry and a few days later it’s still waiting in the fridge, except now it’s gone a bit dark, slimy and sad lookin.
Well here’s a great recipe to use it up before it starts to get its slime on.
Crack out that tin of kidney beans that’s been lurking in the cupboard for months on end, throw in some sweet corn, red pepper, onion and finely chopped coriander and we’re on our way to a delicious crunchy nutrition packed salad full of protein and super charged with antioxidants, B9, folate and fiber.
Let’s do this!
- 1 x can kidney beans 400g, rinsed and drained
- 1 x can sweetcorn, rinsed and drained
- ½ red bell pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ cucumber, finely chopped
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- a very small handful of coriander, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tbsp cider vinegar
- Chop your pepper and cucumber into tiny chunks.
- Diced the onion finely.
- Finely chop the coriander.
- Drain, rinse and drain the kidney beans and sweetcorn.
- Add all the ingredients to a medium sized bowl.
- Add the vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
Other sides from this blog: