Imagine a millionaire shortbread and a jaffa cake go out on a date, bear with me… after a wee while they get pretty cosy with each other, things heat up and our little sweet bisquits are created. Well this is what I reckon you’d end up with… a bunch of sweet little chocolatey orange caramel biscuits. Aaaah:)
This recipe is dead easy to make as there’s no need to make a biscuity base when you can straight up use a hobnob or similar vegan oaty biscuit. You’re simply going to whizz up some dates, vanilla, coconut oil and a pinch of salt until smooth, Spread it out on your biscuits and then make up a super quick chocolate sauce.
For the chocolate sauce you’re going to heat up some milk (soy-almond or whatever’s to hand), grate in some orange rind, add a bit of vanilla and some chocolate chunks, stir and voila! You have a super rich orangey flavoured chocolate sauce to top of these sweet little biscuits! How easy is that?
If you like this recipe please share it & comment in the section below to let us know what you think. We love hearing from you!
Don’t forget to tag your photos on instagram #theartofveg
CHOCOLATE ORANGE CARAMEL BISCUITS
- 8 x hobnobs or any other oaty vegan sweet biscuits
- 14 dates (soaked in water for 30mins if dry)
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tbsp agave or maple syrup
- ½ tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup smooth almond butter
- a pinch of salt
- CHOCOLATE ORANGE TOPPING
- 50g dark chocolate 70% chopped into small chunks
- 1 x orange
- vaniila essence
- ⅛ cup vegan milk
- Put the caramel ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Lay the hobnobs/biscuits out on a plate.
- Carefully take the caramel mix out of the blender and roll it into a long sausage shape, cut it into 8 equal pieces.
- Take piece by piece and roll it into a ball, with your fingertips flatten into a disc and place one disc onto each biscuit, with your fingertips spread the caramel mixture out to completely cover the top. Repeat.
- Over a low heat warm the milk in a small saucepan adding the vanilla paste, grated orange rind and ½ tbsp of orange juice.
- As soon as the milk has come to a simmer take off the heat and add the chocolate pieces, stir until you have a smooth chocolate sauce.
- Take a small tsp of the chocolate mix and spread out over the caramel layer, repeat.
- Pop the biscuits in the refrigerator for 30mins to chill and set.
- The biscuits should be good for 2-3 days kept in an airtight tupperware in the refrigerator.