It’s been a busy few weeks of not having much time to get creative in the kitchen I have been turning to my all time favourite chocolate and salted peanut butter stuffed dates to satistfy my sweet tooth.
These little sweet bombs take all of 2-3 mins to whip up just within the time it takes to boil a kettle and make a nice cup of tea or coffee to wash them down with.
The best dates to use for this recipe are big fat juicy medjool dates but if you only have regular dates that are a bit dry (cockroaches) then give them a soak for 15 minutes to plump them up a bit.
If you like this recipe please share it and pop a comment in the section below to let us know what you think. We would love to hear from you!
Tag your photos on instagram #theartofveg so we can see your delicious creations too!
- Medjool dates, de pitted
- Crunchy peanut butter
- Salt (optional)
- Dark chocolate, grated or chopped
- De-stone your dates and slice them carefully lengthways along one side to open them up a little.
- Fill the centre of each date with a small tsp of crunchy peanut butter.
- Sprinkle the peanut butter with a tiny pinch of sea salt (optional)
- Finely chop or grate some dark chocolate and add to the top of the peanut butter.
- Chill for 30mins to harden or just eat straight away, best served with a freshly brewed cup of tea!
Other sweet recipes from this blog: