Usually once a month Martin will make up a big pot of this delicious sauce which is perfect for putting together numerous pasta dishes. He makes up a huge batch and freezes a couple of decent size portions for easy after work dinner nights. Good plan.
Like an Italian grandma, Martin has closely guarded this pasta sauce recipe.
He stubbornly refuses to use measuring spoons, scales or cups, showing off like he’s Jamie Oliver he throws spice and veg in the pot willy nilly, glugging olive oil all over the place and doing his best to make it impossible to see what he’s up to in there!
Well finally I managed to write down the recipe so I could share it with you guys.
Top with homemade quick and easy vegan parmesan and your set to go.
- 4 tbsp of coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 3 x bell peppers, chopped
- 2 red onions, diced
- 5 x large chestnut mushrooms, chopped
- approx 20 pitted black olives, halved
- 1½ tsp cajun
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tbsp garlic granules
- ½ a tube of tomato puree
- ½ a green chilli (hot)
- 3 tins chopped toms
- ¼ tsp black ground pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- Prep all your veg
- Get your spices out
- In a large pot heat the coconut oil, add the onions and sauté for 3mins or until translucent.
- Add the peppers and mushrooms, cook for a further 3 min’s
- Add all the remaining ingredients; bring to a gentle simmer and stir. Leave to cook on a low heat for 20mins.
spicy tomato, chickpea & pasta soup