Here’s a groovy looking cake to jazz up your dinner table!
This Clementine Vanilla Cake is light spongy and packed with yummy citrus flavour, I got the idea from Gaz of Avant-Garde Vegan and loved it so much I just had to share it with you guys, Gaz used mandarins for his cake which I didn’t have to hand so clementine’s it was and they worked a treat!
If you don’t have clementine’s use satsumas, mandarins, oranges or pineapple, guaranteed it would taste just as scrumptious.
If you like this recipe please share it & comment in the section below to let us know what you think. We love hearing from you!
Don’t forget to tag your photos on instagram #theartofveg
CLEMENTINE VANILLA CAKE
- 2-3 oranges
- 1 tbsp vegan margarine
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup vegan milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 & ¾ cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- Pre heat your oven to Gas Mark 5/180 degrees C.
- Grease a 9” diameter sealed loose bottom cake tin by rubbing margarine all over the bottom and sides, sprinkle approx. 2 tbsps sugar to coat the margarine.
- Peel & cut your clementines into 3 then lay them cut side down into the cake tin, fill any gaps with quarters or halves so the bottom of the tin is completely full, leave to the side.
- In a medium bowl whisk all the wet ingredients together.
- In a large mixing bowl add the dry ingredients and mix well. Pour in the wet mix and stir until just combined but do not over mix.
- Pour into the cake tin and give the tin a little tap on the work surface to remove any air bubbles.
- Pop the cake into the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Once the cake has cooked, allow it to cool for 15 mins before removing it from the tin.
- Glaze with a very thin layer of slightly watered down marmalade.