Energy balls are all round great snacks, perfect for breakfasts on the go, lunch boxes and workout snacks.
I keep a batch in the freezer so if I’m short on time or need that extra 5mins of zzz’s in the morning there’s always something to grab on my way out the door.
In the shops these balls (with exactly the same ingredients) will cost around £1.50 – £2, these little guys work out at about 25p each…bargain!
The great thing with making your own is you can get creative and try out new flavours. At the moment I am trying to get more omegas into our diet so I’m adding ground flaxseed (which also helps to bind them). A touch of Orange zest is also great… get creative. This is a great go to recipe that you’ll never get bored of. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe please share it & comment in the section below to let us know what you think. We love hearing from you!
Don’t forget to tag your photos on instagram #theartofveg
- 300g pitted dates, soaked for 30mins in warm water if hard (to soften)
- 200g ground almonds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (unscented)
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- a pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- Make sure the dates have been de-pitted.
- Place the dates and coconut oil in a food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until everything is thoroughly mixed, by this point the ingredients should start clumping together.
- Take large heaped tsps. of the mix and roll into balls, repeat and put into a freezable container, pop in the freezer for an hour to chill and harden.
- Take out of the freezer and keep in the refrigerator until ready to eat, eat within 3-4 days.
White Chocolate Bounty Balls