Spring has officially sprung and this always makes me want to eat picnicy types of food like Olives and Sundried Tomatoes, lots of lovely tasty nibbly bits and this Egg-less Quiche is perfect to go with nibbles.
It’s really easy to make and if you wanted the piecrust to be gluten free try this Gluten and Dairy Free Pie Crust from food52.com or if you wanted to scrap the crust all together check out my Mini Chickpea Veggie Quiches.
The filling is mainly made with veggies, chickpea flour and houmous. It’s nice to have an alternative to tofu and of course eggs and cheese and once again chickpea flour has come to the rescue… I love this stuff!
EGG-LESS QUICHE (ASPARAGUS & OLIVE)
- 80g chickpea flour
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp bouillon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp hummus
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 4 asparagus spears, cut into three pieces
- 10 button mushrooms, halved
- 14 black olives, halved
- ⅓ cup garden peas
- 1 x medium vegan pastry case
- Pre heat the oven to gas mark 8/230°C/450°F
- Steam the asparagus for 5-6 mins.
- Lightly sauté the mushrooms in a little oil for 3-4 mins.
- In a food processor blend all the batter ingredients together until well combined, pour the mixture into a large bowl and whisk for 1 minute to get some air into the batter.
- Fold in the peas, asparagus, olives and mushrooms and pour the batter into your pastry case.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes then open the door to let any steam out, turn the heat down to gas mark 6/200°C/400°F and cook for a further 12 mins or until the top is golden brown and firm.
Other recipes on this blog: