I’m very excited to share our new favourite breakfast with you today. Not only is this recipe a great way to get some avocado in (healthy fats) but also the pancakes are like a thin omelette so you’re getting a savoury eggy vibe to this dish which makes them a great breakfast treat!
So here we go… Eggy pancakes with avocado & tomato.
The pancakes are made from a mixture of chickpea (gram-besan) flour, black salt, nooch (nutritional yeast), garlic powder and flax seeds. Tip: add the Black Salt to the pancake after it’s cooked to get the eggiest flavour. When Black Salt is cooked it loses some potency.
They’re seriously easy to make and take just a few minutes to fry up. If you wanted to make this healthier I’m pretty sure (although I haven’t tested it out yet) that you could make these in the oven to cut down on the oil content. You could also fry these up in unscented coconut oil as a healthier fried option.
Top these with some sliced avocado and chopped tomato, a dash of salt and pepper and you’re off.
If you like this recipe please share it and pop a comment in the section below to let us know what you think. We would love to hear from you!
Tag your photos on instagram #theartofveg so we can see your breakfast creations too!
EGGY PANCAKES WITH AVOCADO & TOMATO
- Eggy Pancakes
- 90g chickpea flour (besan/gram)
- ½ tsp black salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic granules
- ⅛ cup flax seeds
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup water
- A slice of bread
- Whisk together all the pancake ingredients until smooth and well combined.
- Add a good glug of oil to the bottom of a frying pan and heat, add a ¼ cup of the batter to the middle of the pan and move the pan around allowing the batter to spread out a little.
- Flip the pancakes after about 30 seconds; cook the other side for 30 seconds and pop on a plate. Repeat until all the batter has been used up.
- Toast and butter your bread, add the eggy pancake on top then your avocado and tomatoes.
- Salt and pepper to taste adding more black salt if you still want a bit more of an eggy flavour.