Welcome to your new best friends, the perfect lazy lunch time snack.
We usually make these herby sausage rolls the day after I’ve made something out of my mock meat mix the night before, it’s always good to get two meals for one, we usually do meatballs in a spicy tomato pasta sauce for dinner then burgers or sausage rolls the following day.
Teamed them up with your favourite ketchup these sausage rolls are super easy to make and perfect for a snack when friends pop round.
Get your vegan sausage out and let the good times roll! 😉
HERBY VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS
- 1 x 340g sheet of puff pastry (ready rolled)
- 6 heaped tbsp mock meat mix
- ½ tbsp dried sage
- Pre heat the oven to Gas Mark 5
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper
- Roll out the pastry on a clean surface and cut into 2 length ways, cut each long section into 3 across the width making in all 6 roughly sqaure sections or if you have puff pastry that needs to be rolled, roll out to about 5mm thick and follow the instructions above.
- Scoop up a heaped tbsp of the mock meat mix and place on the left side of the pastry leaving a cm to the very left clean, spoon the mixture up and down filling the left side up aside from a cm all around, fold the right side over the top and with the prongs of a fork push the pastry together to create a seal.
- Rinse and repeat until all 6 are made up and place them on your lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 mins or until golden brown.
Other recipes on this blog: