This is my new favourite go to (quick & easy) breakfast.
Sugar free jam and Peanut Butter porridge and if you have any fresh strawberries to top it all off, even better!
Just cook up your oats as you usually would with water or vegan milk (I use half and half water and hemp milk), stir in a big tsp of peanut butter (crunchy for me) a pinch of salt and a pinch of sugar, cook it until it’s the consistency you like and serve in a snazzy looking bowl.
Top with some dehulled hemp seeds a spoon of strawberry jam and fresh strawberries & bananas.
Drizzle with a little milk and, voila, you are ready for a tasty energy packed breakfast in under 5 minutes.
If you like this recipe please share it and pop a comment in the section below.
We love hearing from you and don’t forget to tag your photos on instagram #theartofveg so we can see your breakfast creations too!
PEANUT BUTTER & JAM PORRIDGE
- ¾ cup rolled oats - gluten free or regular
- Hemp milk or water
- 1 tsp sugar free jam
- 2-3 fresh strawberries
- a heaped tsp of peanut butter
- a pinch of salt
- sugar or maple syrup to sweeten (optional)
- De-hulled hemp seeds
- Add the oats, milk/water, peanut butter, salt and sweetener of choice to a saucepan and cook over a low heat for 3 minutes stirring continuously, cook until it is as thick or runny as you like adding more water/milk if needed, take off the heat.
- Pour the porridge/oats into a bowl, top with a spoon of jam a sprinkle of hemp seeds (dehulled only) and some fresh slices of strawberry/banana.
Other recipes on this blog: