We are loving this snazzy version of a potato salad with a lemony pesto twist!
This dish is perfect for summer get together’s and can be made up the night before alongside some coleslaw and other tasty treats ready to whip out when your friends come round. More time to hang out. Perfect:)
If you like this recipe please share it and pop a comment in the section below to let us know what you think. We would love to hear from you!
Tag your photos on instagram #theartofveg so we can see your potatoey creations too!
LEMON PESTO POTATO SALAD
- 14 medium sized new potatoes
- 2 tbsp vegan mayonaisse
- 2 tbsp vegan pesto (will find in a good health store)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt & pepper
- 8 x basil leaves, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 x tbsp pinenuts (optional)
- Cut your potatoes in half and bring to the boil in a medium pan of salted boiling water.
- When the potatoes are cooked (about 10mins) turn the heat off and drain, leave them to cool down as much as possible.
- In the meantime mix together the mayonnaise, pesto and lemon juice.
- When the potatoes have completely cooled mix with the mayonnaise concoction, leave to the side.
- Finely chop the basil leaves and sprinkle on the top of the potatoes.
- In a small frying pan or skillet dry roast (no oil) the pine nuts for a couple of minutes, shaking them every 15 seconds or so they don't burn. Add to the top and lightly fold everything together.
Other BBQ Picnic Outdoorsy type recipes on this blog: