Power Balls have got to be one of the easiest snack foods to prepare, taking all of 5 minutes! No faffing about, just grab your ingredients get it in the whizzer, roll them into balls. Job done!
With so many ingredients that could be used in these raw little power houses, where do you start? As long as you have a batch of nuts, seeds, dried fruit to hand, you’re going to be able to make these up in no time.
Personally I like to keep it simple, when I make up a batch of P.B’s this is usually what I end up with, something nutty, seedy and a little bit sweet.
Buying them ready made from your local health shop will usually cost you around £2 each! So lets just make them at home, working out at about 12p a ball!
The energy balls in this recipe are naturally sweetened with dates and maple syrup, packed with four great sources of protein (cashews, peanuts, sesame seeds and poppy seeds), full of nutrients and omega 3 oils, making them an ideal workout snack.
- 9 medjool dates (de-pitted)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ cup (65 grams) cashews
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup (25 grams) rolled oats or gluten free
- ¼ cup (63 grams) peanut butter
- ¼ cup (30 grams) poppy seeds
- Except for the sesame seeds and cashews put all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until sticky and well combined.
- Scrape down the sides and add the cashews and sesame seeds, pulse for 3 seconds.
- Spoon out a tbsp of ingredients at a time, mold into a ball or disc shape with your hands, squeezing the mix together firmly.
- Roll each ball around in a dish of poppy seeds to coat.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to chill.
If you like this recipe check out my some of my other recipes