Spicy Wedges are something we eat on a regular basis and whenever we go to visit friends, we get asked “oh bring some of those tasty wedges with you” so even though this recipe is a simple one I thought it was definitely worth a share.
Martin came up with this sexy spice mix a couple of years ago and although it changes a bit every time we make it, the main ingredients stay the same; Cajun & Chinese spice and of course a generous helping of good old Nooch (Nutritional Yeast).
The wedges get a good dusting of the spice mix a good crack of salt and pepper and then drizzled in coconut oil (unscented) and baked until crispy.
Sometimes we might throw in a bit of chickpea flour to get them crispier still!
If you like this recipe share it and pop a comment in the section below, we would love to hear from you! Tag your photos on instagram #theartofveg so we can see your creations too!
Thanks you lovely people x
- 2 x large potatoes (700g)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp cajun spice
- ⅓ tsp chinese spice
- salt and pepper
- Pre heat the oven to Gas Mark 5.
- Cut your potatoes in half and slice each piece into wedges, place the wedges into a large baking tray.
- Evenly dust the wedges with each spice and nutritional yeast.
- Give the whole pan a good crack of black pepper and salt.
- Pour over the coconut oil and with clean hands massage the wedges to make sure everything is well and truly coated in the oil and spice mix.
- Bake until cooked and crispy, timing will vary on how thick you cut your wedges so check after around 30mins.
Follow us on facebook, twitter, bloglovin’, pinterest and instagram
Other recipes on this blog: