In the beginning…
These were supposed to be gorgeous looking white chocolate dipped strawberries. I had a little system rigged up where I would suspend the strawbs with cocktail sticks so the chocolate would drip down and set perfectly for some fab photos. Tell that to a bowl of vegan white chocolate sauce. It wasn’t sticking one little bit, so this is what I came up with instead. Boom!
Strawberry cream tarts with a dark chocolate drizzle on the top. Who said hob nobs were only good for dunking!
For the cream I used the white chocolate bounty ball mix used on a previous post and whipped up a simple dark chocolate sauce made from maple syrup, cocoa powder and almond milk.
If you like this recipe please share it & comment in the section below to let us know what you think. We love hearing from you!
Don’t forget to tag your photos on instagram #theartofveg
STRAWBERRY CREAM BISCUIT
HARD CREAM LAYER
- ½ cup raw macadamia nuts
- 2-4 tbsp icing/fondant sugar or white sugar whizzed in a blender until powdery
- ½tsp vanilla extract
- 1 + ½ cups desiccated unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup finely chopped cocoa butter, melted
- Pinch sea salt
- CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1+1/2 tbsp vegan milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Pack of Hob Nobs or similar biscuits
- Strawberries, cut in half
- Add the macadamia nuts and (1 + ½ cups) desiccated coconut to a food processor and whizz until a creamy paste is formed, scrap down sides as needed.
- Add the melted cocoa butter, vanilla, powdered sugar and salt and mix, taste and adjust the flavour as needed.
- Move the mixture to a plate or bowl and pop in the refrigerator to cool for about 1 hour. You want the mix to be firm to the touch.
- In the meantime, add ¾ cup coconut to a small plate (for rolling). Set aside.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and scoop out a tsp of the hardened cream paste, roll it into a ball in the palms of your hands and carefully press it onto the centre of each biscuit, smooth to an even layer with the back of the spoon, repeat.
- Slice a strawberry in half with the green leaves removed and place on top of the cream layer, repeat.
- Mix all the dark chocolate sauce ingredients together in a small bowl or small pouring jug and drizzle all over the strawberries.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 15mins.