Sometimes you crave a little ‘fast food.’ Here’s a tasty dinner that’s perfect for those evenings when you really can’t be bothered to do any serious cooking, but you want lots tasty food on your plate. Technically a ‘Kebab’ is skewered meat but this is our vegan equivalent. Simple, quick and as tasty as you like!The only prep here is putting some chips and vegan ‘chicken’ strips (Fry’s in the UK do them and Quorn do spicy vegan ‘chicken’ burgers that you can cut into sections) in the oven, shredding some red cabbage and onion, popping a couple of wraps or pittas in the toaster and chopping up some cucumber and tomatoes.
Get yourself a jar of pickled chillies, a tub of ready made houmous (or make your own), some olives and a bottle of sweet chilli sauce and you’re ready for a full on feast.
If you like this recipe share it and pop a comment in the section below, we would love to hear from you! Tag your photos on instagram #theartofveg so we can see your creations too!
VEGAN KEBAB NIGHT
- 2 x tortillas wholemeal or gluten free
- 2 x small portions of chips
- 4 x vegan chicken dippers (optional)
- 1 x handful of mixed salad leaves
- ½ cup houmous
- ¼ red cabbage + 1 tsp + 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- ½ small red onion finely sliced
- ¼ cup olives
- a small bowl of cucumber and tomato
- sweet chilli sauce
- lemon wedges
- pickled chillies
- Pre heat the oven to gas mark 5/190°C/375°F.
- Bake the chips and vegan chicken dippers for approx 30mins.
- While the chips and dippers are baking, finely slice the red cabbage and onion.
- In a medium bowl add the cabbage, red onion, salt and lemon juice, bash the cabbage and onion for 2-3mins until the cabbage releases some of it's water, mix well and serve in a smaller bowl.
- Slice the tomato and cucumber and place in a small bowl.
- Get all your other ingredients ready on the dinner table.
- Pop the tortillas under the grill for 1 min or in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Place a little of everything on your tortilla, wrap and enjoy.
Other easy recipes on this blog: