Raw spring rolls are just delicious and perfect for using up that excess super salad you made for dinner last night or for any left overs that need to be used up.
Rice, beans, tofu, chickpeas, all of these will be perfect partners in these tasty stay salad wraps.
So crack out those greens, whip up a quick satay sauce and get dipping!
I won’t lie to you! These are tricky customers to wrap so if you’re wrapping skills aren’t all that, crack out some tortillas and make your life a lot easier!
If you like this recipe please share it and pop a comment in the section below to let us know what you think. We would love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to tag your photos on instagram #theartofveg so we can see your wrapped creations too!
GREEN WRAPS WITH SATAY, RICE & BEANS
- SPRING ROLLS
- 8 steamed speen green leaves
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced into small chunks
- ½ cup cucumber, sliced and cut in quarters
- 4 spring onions, sliced (white and a little of the green bit)
- ½ medium carrot, grated
- ¼ cup white or red cabbage sliced very thinly
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- SATAY SAUCE
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- ½ small onion (finely diced)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 can coconut milk 400g
- 1 tsp lime, or more to taste
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tsp maple syrup or 1½ tsp brown sugar
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 400g tin of mixed beans, rinsed and drained
- Satay Sauce Finely dice the onion, add a tbsp of oil to a small frying pan and sauté the onions until translucent, approx. 3mins.
- Add the chilli flakes, coconut milk, peanut butter and soy sauce, stir for one minute and then take off the heat.
- Rice and Beans
- In a sieve rinse the rice under cold water, bring 2 cups of water to a boil, once the water is boiling add the brown rice and ½ tsp of salt, cover and reduce to a low simmer.
- Simmer over a low heat for 35mins with the lid on.
- Add the drained beans and stir, cook for 2mins and then turn off the heat and let sit for 10mins before fluffing the rice.
- Wraps While the rice is cooking steam your spring green leaves for 2mins or until they have softened up enough to roll without tearing, slice out the tough bit of the stem with a sharp knife.
- Place a spring green leaf on a plate and start to lay your salad, rice & bean mix out horizontally about a quarter of the way up the leaf leaving about 2” free either side.
- Take the edge closest to you and wrap over the veggie mix, try to keep it a bit tight, now fold in the edges in and roll up. Repeat.