Initially I started this recipe of with the intention off by making white chocolate balls. Half the way through I decided to cover half of them in dark chocolate, hence the discovery of the holy bounty ball!
If you’re sitting there looking at your computer/phone and drooling over the thought of tucking into one of these bad boys but you don’t have any macadamias to hand you can always sub them out for cashews (a usual staple in every vegans cupboard right?!)
There’s something about the sweet snappy texture of macadamias that really lends itself to the taste and texture of white chocolate and as I’m writing this I’m thinking off all the recipe adventures that can come from this magic combo of macadamias, dessicated coconut, vanilla and sugar. Whoa:)
If you like this recipe please share it and pop a comment in the section below to let us know what you think. We would love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to tag your photos on instagram #theartofveg so we can see your chocolate creations too!
WHITE CHOCOLATE BOUNTY BALLS
- ½ cup raw macadamia nuts
- 2-4 tbsp icing/fondant sugar or white sugar whizzed in a blender until powdery
- ½tsp vanilla extract
- 1 + ½ cups desiccated unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup finely chopped cocoa butter, melted
- Pinch sea salt
- FOR ROLLING
- ½ cup desiccated unsweetened coconut
- FOR DIPPING
- 40g cocoa butter, melted
- 1 heaped tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1+1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- a pinch of salt
- Add the macadamia nuts and (1 + ½ cups) desiccated coconut to a food processor and whizz until a creamy paste is formed, scrap down sides as needed.
- Add the melted cocoa butter, vanilla, powdered sugar and salt and mix, taste and adjust the flavour as needed.
- Move the mixture to a plate or bowl and pop in the refrigerator to cool for about 1 hour. You want the mix to be firm to the touch.
- In the meantime, add ¾ cup coconut to a small plate (for rolling). Set aside.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and use a tbsp or small ice-cream scoop to scoop out rounded tbsp measures. Roll into balls. If you roll for too long, they will start to melt, so don't worry too much with the shape.
- Once the balls have solidified in the refrigerator for about an hour you can take them out and roll them again to smooth out any lumpy surfaces.
- TOPPING/COCONUT COVERED BALLS take your plate of coconut and roll ½ the balls in it.
- Set back in refrigerator for 5-10 minutes until set, usually 20mins at this point.
- TOPPING/CHOCOLATE COVERED BOUNTY BALLS Lay out a small section of parchment paper on a medium plate.
- Take the cocoa dipping ingredients and mix in a small bowl, take the remaining white balls and one by one drop them into the chocolate sauce, roll them around and fish them out with a fork and pop them on the parchment paper, return them to the refrigerator to set until hard.