God I love soup.
This year we had so much food left from our humongous Christmas Dinner that I just had to do something with all this food!
So I whizzed it all up in the food processor, added a bit of curry powder and a couple of other magic ingredients and voila, one of the best soups I ever made!
I love that about soup; you can pretty much make one out of anything!
This recipe calls for roasting the bulk of the veg and then pureeing it in a blender for a minute, and then back to the pot to finish up, the cauliflower and swede are packed with Vit C, so this is a great immune boosting soup to have during those drizzly winter months.
So lets get our soup on people!
- ½ swede, peeled and diced
- 4 med potatoes, diced with the peel left on
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1200ml boiling water
- 1 small cauliflower, chopped
- 3 tsp bouillon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat the oven to gas mark 6/200°C/400°F.
- In a large roasting tin add the swede, potatoes, onion, garlic, coconut oil, thyme and salt and pepper. Give it a good mix and roast for 50 min’s.
- In a large saucepan add 1200ml of boiling water, the cauliflower florets and the bouillon and simmer on a low heat for ten minutes.
- Remove the cauliflower with a slotted spoon and add to a food processor with the roasted veg, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the blended veg back to the stock water and mix until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
other soups on the blog.